Our Family

Our Family
Patrick, KelliPaige, Sadie (18), Daniel (14), & Emilie (9),

Saturday, March 28, 2009

My Soapbox

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof...
Have the people running this country ever read the Constitution?
Our government has NO RIGHT
  • to stop a student from thanking Jesus for her academic success or
  • to forbid a coach from praying with his team or
  • to force anyone to act against their conscience (a woman has a right to choose to have an abortion, but a medical professional does not have the right to choose not to perform an abortion?!)

This brings me to the Hippocratic Oath, which originally stated...

"I will not give a lethal drug to anyone if I am asked, nor will I advise such a plan; and similarly I will not give a woman a pessary to cause an abortion."

According to Wikipedia, the Hippocratic Oath has been altered or "in an attempt to legitimize abortion, cultural and social forces have induced many American medical schools to abandon the Hippocratic Oath as part of graduation ceremonies."
I realize that this is a family blog that exists for the purpose of posting the day to day activities of our family, but I have just about had it with the constant attacks on Christians in this country and I just needed to get this off my chest. I realize we may actually be coming to the end of the age, but I also realize that "calling evil good and good evil" is almost as old as time.
"But as a woman rebelleth against her husband: so have ye rebelled against me, O house of Israel, saith the Lord. ... For my people is foolish, they have not known me: they are foolish children, and have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do well they have no knowledge." (Jeremiah 3:20; 4:22) (1599 Geneva Bible)
We must know for ourselves what is in our Constitution. Did you know that it is "UNCONSTITUTIONAL" for our government to prohibit the free exercise of religion? It is time we stopped letting the minority rule. Why is it alright to censor free Christian speech because it might offend someone, but not alright to censor vulgarity even if it offends someone?
I leave you with this thought...
"Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their RIGHT, it is their DUTY, to THROW OFF such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."
The Declaration of Independence

2 comments:

The Miller Family said...

Well put! I never knew that the Hipppocratic Oath originally made a statement regarding abortion. How far down the wrong path we've come.

Ending with the quote from the Declaration of Independence was quite appropriate. It is our duty to God and our families to throw off the chains of despotism in government.

God bless,
Katie

Franklin Family said...

I just ran across this quote. It is exactly correct and we are seeing it happen right before our eyes.

"Government big enough to supply everthing you need is big enough to take everything you have."
Thomas Jefferson