Our Family

Our Family
Patrick, KelliPaige, Sadie (18), Daniel (14), & Emilie (9),

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Whew Boy!

Well, what a week. We have been busy getting ready for the yard sale. The Wonderful Dischers came over and helped clean, consolidate, set up and price sale items. What a blessing! Emilie spent Friday with the Dischers and Leah Hagen came over today to play with her. Mrs. Hagen was a huge help with the loan of five card tables and three yard sale signs. Earlier in the week, Mr. Fenner and his brother came over and helped me load and arrange more boxes that I had packed and sorted through from the basement and the kids' rooms. Mr. Razey set up our luggage rack for the trip up to Delaware and Mrs. Thompson stopped by for a welcome visit. On Friday, I called our friend Mr. Truitt and asked if he could help me move the computer desk and antique sewing machine out into the yard. He told me to call at the end of the day if they didn't sell and he would move them back in. I hated to call and so the kids and I just moved the desk close to the house. However, when I didn't call, the Truitts decided to come by and check on us anyway. Today, my sister-in-law, Judi, came by and took the kids for some lunch while I finished up the last of the sale. I hope I didn't forget anyone because we are truly a blessed family and I am thankful beyond words for every one's generosity. The yard sale itself was exhausting, but the love we have experienced from our friends through this past week leaves me in awe : )

Well, I had better get back to the last of the packing. More friends have offered to help on Sunday and Monday evening. We just might get it all done : )

No comments: