Our Family

Our Family
Patrick, KelliPaige, Sadie (18), Daniel (14), & Emilie (9),

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Another week at home

Hello all,

Another week has passed. I had a wonderful time at my Moms' meeting and the kids had a wonderful time with the Dischers, as always. We have another appointment scheduled at Shriners for Wednesday. Then it will be two down, two to go.

Patrick's back is doing better. He hopes to reduce the number of visits to the chiropractor's office soon. The farm is challenging, but he knows he is supposed to be there. He misses his family and we miss him too. Please pray for him and us as we work towards being together again soon.

I want to share with you a little story about faith and our God's love for us. As many of you know our Emilie has a very special and much loved Silky. (As matter of fact, that's Silky around Emilie's neck in our family picture.) Thursday evening as the children were getting ready for bed, we discovered that Silky was missing. I must admit that Emilie has handled it quite well. It has been Mom who has been the cry baby over the recent disappearance of the beloved Silky (I hate losing things, especially treasures). After a pretty thorough search, the kids went off to bed.
Friday, the search continued with no success. We tried to reenact the events up to Silky's disappearance. When we came home from Tampa on Wednesday Emilie and I took a nap while Sadie and Daniel played games on the computer. After I woke up I washed Silky and had her ready for bed that night. We never left the house all day Thursday. Silky was in a dining room chair when I was packing Thursday afternoon. Mr. Bowen and Alex came by to pick up our goose neck trailer (it had a broken something or another and they transported it for repairs). We were all out in the yard. It had rained and the kids were picking star fruit and getting all wet. Sadie put Emilie in the bath while I started dinner. After we ate, we discovered she was missing. (That reads like a script from Dragnet. "Just the facts, ma'am.")

All day Saturday, we looked again for the third and fourth time in some places. And again, we went to bed without Silky being found. It was about 10 pm and I was sitting up in bed reading a book. I looked up thinking about all the things packed and to be packed and that we hadn’t found Silky and had exhausted everywhere. I thought about leaving this house and never finding her. How could it be? We hadn’t left the house for over twenty-four hours before she was discovered missing. She had to be here. I had been praying for a miracle and I asked God again. Then I sat up in bed and looked at the door to our room. It was open. I reached for the door and pushed it closed and there she was in the corner behind the door. I almost cried as I said a prayer of thanks to God.

You all must think I am so silly, but I am overjoyed at finding her. Emilie was asleep as I laid Silky in her arms to be discovered in the morning. She will know that God gave us a miracle! He cares even about little girls and their Silkies (and their sentimental mama’s).

I am now going to put a few pictures up to show you the progress with packing so far.

Emilie in the dinning room with all the boxes and Silky : )

Daniel in the living room. The books and the decorations are all packed.

Sadie, Daniel, Emilie &, of course, Silky. The baby pictures no longer on the wall.

Until next time. I hope you all have a great week. Thank you all so much for your prayers. I know we couldn't make it without them.

KelliPaige

No comments: