Our Family

Our Family
Patrick, KelliPaige, Sadie (18), Daniel (14), & Emilie (9),

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Social Butterflies

What a week! After Shriners last Wednesday, we stayed sequestered in the house packing. We of course had our ordeal with Silky, but other than that, a lot was packed. Monday, I think it was Monday, the Bowen family came by and loaded the boxes that I had packed into the trailer. Now I have room to pack more.



Patricia and Victoria Bowen with Sadie



The Bowen girls hanging out after loading the trailer. That's Sadie behind the tree : )


Wednesday was a really busy day. We started with a trip to Shriners Hospital in Tampa for Daniel's second of four visits for his new leg. I decided to surprise the kids with a visit with the Hamm family on the way home after our appointment. What a blessing this family is to our lives. I know I thoroughly enjoyed my visit and the kids all seemed to have great time too. After our long day of appointments and visiting, what better way to wrap up the day than to do more visiting! So off to dinner at the Hagens we went. We really have wonderful friends.


Our Prosthetist checking out Daniel's alignment.


Bryan Sinnott designed Daniel's special prosthetic. We are very grateful to him and Shriners Hospital.
Playing around



Jonathan, Kate, Ben, Andrew, Claire, Mary Grace, Caroline & Maggie Hamm with Sadie, Daniel & Emilie (baby Phillip was taking a nap)


Mrs. Hamm and me


Visiting with the Hamms



Having dinner with the Hagens



Emile playing hopscotch



Mom's never get in the pictures so we resort to a self portrait!


Daniel playing with Mrs. Hagen's remote controlled Hummer


As if we hadn't socialized enough, Thursday night, I went out to a special gathering of homeschool moms with Beth Discher and Molly Stricklen and their mom, Mrs. Frodge. Daniel and Emilie stayed with the Dishers and Sadie spent the evening with her dear friend Abby.


Mrs. Frodge, Mrs. Discher & Mrs. Stricklen



Pete Discher & Daniel


Mrs. Discher & Emma Jane



Mrs. Stricklen & me


Abby & William Stricklen with Sadie




Margaret Stricklen made a special cookie as a belated birthday present for Sadie


I got up early this morning so I could get these pictures posted and now I need to get back to packing. Until next time!


1 comment:

C said...

We've had friends helped by Shriner's in the past. They are such a GOD SEND!!

Glad I ran across your blog. What SWEET kids!