Our Family

Our Family
Patrick, KelliPaige, Sadie (18), Daniel (14), & Emilie (9),

Sunday, September 2, 2007

Finally, pictures!


Happy 4th Birthday Emilie!


Emilie celebrated her 4th birthday in North Carolina traveling to Delaware just like her daddy celebrated his 4th birthday in North Carolina when his family moved to Florida from Missouri.





After lunch at the Cracker Barrel in Emporia,Virginia,

Emilie was surprised with a hot fudge sundae Yum!
The birthday girl shared with Daniel and Sadie
Emilie had a party with her new friends in Delaware



Emilie's chocolate cake with pink icing

Having fun with Mama's hair on the road Patrick and Daniel led the way with the 5th wheel over the Bay Bridge


Daniel lifting his dad up to trim the treesGoofing around after a hard day's work


Gathering eggs
Grading eggsEmilie was a big help with the medium eggs. Every now and then a jumbo would come down in the small section and she would bring it down to the other end of the line for us. I didn't get Daniel's picture, but he was our quality control guy. He inspected each egg for flaws and cracks. It was a very tedious job.

Sadie worked the Extra Large and Large eggs with either her dad, grandad (aka Drandad, aka Santa) or Mama, while Mama and/or Mimi removed the cartons from them, dated the cartons and boxed them (20 cartons to a box). The last day we graded eggs, we packaged 376 dozen Extra Large, 129 dozen Large, 42 dozen Jumbo, 5 dozen Medium and 2 dozen Small.


That's 6,648 eggs!!!


Here is the infamous flat tire!


The Nott family, our friends on the farm, have a horse and a Shetland Pony. Here are the kids getting a chance to ride them. Don't worry, Emilie got to ride, I just didn't get my camera in time.


Emilie and Daddy resting on Sunday afternoonThe wonderful dinner Patrick prepared one evening


These leaves made a pretty Princess CrownDaniel added to his feather collection


Sadie found a REALLY small egg


Well, I hope you have enjoyed these pictures and that it was worth the wait. I tell you, posting them has been a real frustration for me, but I'm glad to do it.


3 comments:

Franklin Family said...

Family,
It was wonderful to see your smiling faces in the pictures. I love you all, and pray God's blessings on eack of you. And you, my Love, fourteen years, words cannot express the admiration i have for you. I know in my heart that God is shinning on us in this sacrifice. Trust me when i tell you that if anyone had asked how i would choose to spend my fourteenth aniversary with your wife, my answer would not have been "apart". But choose this, we did. It is harder for me than i imagined, but we are serving a purpose greater than ourselves and being obedient is the least we can do. Our mission is to serve Him in any way He asks, our marriage has never been stronger and my love for you has never been greater. I thank God for the last fourteen years and i thank you for loving me. I love you.
His servant, and yours as well,Pat

Unknown said...

Wonderful to see that you all are doing so well!!! I am envious (in a good way) as see all the fun you all are having on the farm! I hope Aaron, Jayden and I can find our way to visit. I can't believe that we saw you in July - the kids are growing so fast. Aaron and I will be steadfast in our prayers that God will continue to bring blessings to your family!

All Our Love,
Heather, Aaron & Jayden Wolford

Bonnie said...

Thank you so much for the updates and pictures, Franklins! Praying God's best for you as you go forward on this mission. Trusting all is well and hoping to see those of you in Lake Wales for a while. Patrick, what a sweet, sweet message to your loved ones! May the Lord be with you during their absence.

Dr. and Mrs. Frodge