Our Family

Our Family
Patrick, KelliPaige, Sadie (18), Daniel (14), & Emilie (9),

Sunday, August 26, 2007

What's Up

I have borrowed my dad's laptop tonight so I could add pictures to the blog. Unfortunately, after transferring the pictures from our computer to a thumb drive to be used with his computer, I have discovered that his computer keeps blocking every time I try to add a picture. I have tried to disable the pop up blocker and I have tried to allow pop ups from this site, all to no avail :( I guess pictures are going to have to wait until I get back to Florida or maybe tomorrow my dad can help me figure something out.

Speaking of getting back to Florida...
There is a concert here at the farm this Thursday, so we are staying until after that. We will be leaving Friday, and hopefully, with three drivers, drive straight home. I am anxious to get home and get serious about packing. I am also going to get some things together for a garage sale, so I am planning to call in some of those offers for help because I am not very good at organizing one of those things :)

Yesterday, Saturday, Sam had a big auction here at the farm. He sold several old tractors and automobiles along with a wide assortment of other items. It was quite an experience. The auction started at 10 am and lasted until about 2 pm, going non-stop. My dad (Santa) and I passed out complimentary 10% off coupons good in the store to all the people getting auction tickets. We had a lot of fun standing in the line talking with the almost 500 people getting tickets. We figure there were over 1000 people here that day!

While we were baking in the sun (it was in the 90's), Sadie worked from before 7 am until around 2 pm in the C-center helping the ladies from the tractor club serve breakfast and lunch and also helped with their bake sale. Daniel tried to get his dad to bid on a few items, but the bidding ended up being too rich for our blood on the items he wanted. Emilie alternated between helping pass out coupons and visiting with the people in the C-center.

We had quite a few people camping with us this weekend. The night before the auction, Sam decided to have a few steaks put on the grill and have a little gathering. We probably had about 20 people, including us. Most of them are long time friends of the Yoders. Another couple at the gathering were guests of a new transplant to the area that has found the store and noticed campers here and asked if her friends could come stay here when they came to visit her. What a wonderful evening we had making new friends. Linda, the new transplant, is eager to help us get settled in the area and all the native Delawareans have also been very kind and welcoming as well. Linda is a transplant from Long Island and is also willing to help us when we go up to visit our folks this Christmas. The Lord is so good to provide for us. There are no coincidences.

Saturday night, after the auction, a group gathered back in the C-center for sub sandwiches and games. The kids and I learned how to play SkipBo (I think that's how it's spelled). I made sure that Patrick learned how to play it because they said they didn't use the rules from the box. I was afraid I'd forget how to play by the time we got around to buying the game. Anyway, it was a lot of fun. The kids have been having a wonderful time. They are spending a lot of time with their dad, outside in the fresh air and falling right off to sleep each night.

We hope you enjoy keeping up with us. I am sorry that my posts aren't more regular. Please continue to keep us in your prayers. Sam has told Patrick he wants him to run the C-center and the RV park.

Please also pray for Patrick's back. He is hurting very badly. I think he is going to try a chiropractor up here because he is in so much pain.

Bye for now, KelliPaige

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Franklins! It was good to see an update! Praise the Lord that He works all things out for good to those He has called! We look forward to seeing you and helping out whereever we can! Love you all!

The Dischers

Bonnie said...

Franklins, it sounds like life in Delaware is in full swing for you! Praying for Patrick's back and for the Lord's continued providence and provision! Thanks for the update and love to all.

The Frodges