Our Family

Our Family
Patrick, KelliPaige, Sadie (18), Daniel (14), & Emilie (9),

Thursday, August 9, 2007

The Lord is Amazing!

For the past three weeks Patrick has been building a deck for a wonderful couple. It has been a time of spiritual healing for him. The Thompsons called Patrick about their deck the day he discovered his tools had been stolen. "Did you tell them you don't have any tools?" I asked him.

"No, I figure I can design the deck and then pass the job off to one of my fellow handymen. After all, I don't have time, I am already too busy with the job I am already working on." Well, the next day, that job he was too busy working on no longer existed for him. What to do now? Call the Thompsons and get to work on their deck. "Thank You God, for Your provision."

With limited tools and no one to assist him, he decided to take Sadie along with him. On the first day he went to wake her before heading to Home Depot and then return for her later. Well, as he approached her bedroom door, it opened and out she walked, dressed and ready to go. It was just a bit past 6:00 o'clock in the morning! She has gotten up on her own almost every morning since.

Now, I told you this to give you some background as to what brought Patrick to his last job in Florida. While there, he and Sadie are being bathed in the Word, listening to preaching on Reach FM radio. Janet Folger's program (Faith 2 Action) has asked people to "fast from something" for forty days so we can pray for our nation in preparation for the Values Voter Debate in September. We have decided to fast from television. We are now being bathed as a family in Christian radio programing and family conversation. What a blessing!

Last night, Patrick shared with me a conversation he had with Mrs. Thompson. He told her he felt like Abraham being sent out to a land that God would show him, but keeping our purpose on a need to know basis.

She looked at Patrick and told him, "God is already using you. I have been sharing your story with people I know, even as far away as Europe, and your story is affecting lives." How humbling to know that what is happening in our lives is letting other people around the world see God working right now. We are walking by faith, and to know that this is affecting people to focus on God and to lift us up in prayer is amazing. Yea God!

Before I sign off I want to share with you the need to pray for Chaplain Klingenschmitt. There is a hearing before a judge coming up September 25th. He was the Navy Chaplain that was fired and lost his military retirement because he prayed in Jesus' name while in uniform. I'm a bit confused, but I thought that was his job as a Chaplain. The emblem on his uniform is a cross after all.

Please consider fasting for our country. There is so much we need to be petitioning the Lord about. What is occupying your time away from prayer; is it television, radio in your car, Internet surfing, or blog hopping :)? Give up something to let God know that we earnestly seek His divine hand on our nation. He sure can't tell from the headlines.

Also, please be in prayer for Mayor Naugle of Ft. Lauderdale as he battles the onslaught from the homosexual/transgender sodomites. If you're unaware of his plight please look him up on the American Family Associations website. He was showing God's love in spite of their lawless actions. I guess in some cases my friend Dave Razey was right in saying, "No good deed goes unpunished."

Our nation is condoning, accepting and embracing detestable behavior that our God calls abominations! We must do all that we can to show His love to turn hearts to Him regardless of what happens to us. Please help support One Nation Under God by fasting with us. It doesn't have to be unattainable. In fact knowing that the duration is forty days, I suggest picking something that you believe you can maintain. Maintain your refrain.

KelliPaige usually does the writing here, but I wanted to step in to let you all know that I take issue with the title of this posting. It seems that we keep being "amazed" by God's working. For God, it is common place; a natural, normal act of a loving father. Miracles and wonders are that only in our eyes, He's never surprised by them. Can you hear God saying? "Wow, that was amazing! I can't believe I did that."

He longs to shower us with blessings. My God is Almighty, what He does for us really takes no extra effort on His part. I mean, really, can you picture Christ sweating profusely with arms stretched in front of Him shaking and straining as He called forth to Lazarus? Yeah, me neither.

I want to do something here. I want all of you to pray for me. In this move, I know God has told me to go to Delaware. I don't know exactly what he would have me do once I'm there. So, I would like for all of you to ask God for a miracle. A genuine "hold the sun in the sky, so we can complete the battle" miracle. It's not going to be hard for Him and we don't know all of the details that go along with attempting to develop the ministry on the farm, but He does. Please pray that He works in a HUGE and unmistakable way to clarify His plan for us and to affect the lives of those we encounter in the first few weeks of our arrival.

God is AMAZING, but what's more amazing is that we don't expect it.

Blessings,
Pat

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

We are continuing to pray with y'all and ask the Lord for His wonderful provision and guidance for you. Praying especially for travelling mercies right now. Thanks so much for keeping us updated on your journey!

Dan and Bonnie Frodge