Our Family

Our Family
Patrick, KelliPaige, Sadie (18), Daniel (14), & Emilie (9),

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentines Day

For Valentines day this year we didn't really do anything particularly special. No fancy decorations or frills... but we did have a lovely day. Here are just a few pictures...


I wanted to make some special dessert for the special day so I went through our cookbooks and found my grandmother's famous recipe for sugar cookies. I remember when she used to make them all the time and she told me that she would color the icing pink for Valentines day and green for St. Patrick's day. hehe ;) The memory made me smile. :)

So here they are, pink icing and all :)


And they were good! (even if I do say so myself) ;)

Here is brother Daniel on the top of Daddy's work trailer. He and I were admiring the absolutely gorgeous sky...

I told you it was gorgeous.....






My adorable sister :)

Happy Valentines Day!

Beloved, let us love one another:
for love is of God; and everyone that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God
.
1 John 4:7

In Christ Jesus,

~Sadie~

2 comments:

Abigail said...

Cute post, Sudsy! LOVED your memory. <3 Looking at those cookies made me hungry! ;)(whadya know! :P) Those sunset pictures were breathtaking! God is so good. :) We were at Bok Tower today and the sun was just starting to peek through the clouds, and then the carillonneur started playing How Great Thou Art! I almost cried. It was such a beautiful moment :) Love you!

Sadie said...

Thanks, Abby! I saw the pictures Mary posted on FB. Soo pretty! I haven't been to Bok Tower in a very long time... It must have been breath taking <3
Love you too!