Our Family

Our Family
Patrick, KelliPaige, Sadie (18), Daniel (14), & Emilie (9),

Saturday, February 14, 2009

More Ice Storm Pictures

This is Maya's leash. Notice the ice on top of the leash.






This is the grass






Our willow wept for several days after the storm. Well, until all the ice melted ; )




The kids loved it




That's about an inch of ice. The truck was completely encased in ice and we had to apply heat and chisel away for about an hour and a half just to get inside and be able to drive it. I was fascinated by the ripples made by the flowing water as it froze.

Well, another ten pictures and an hour (or more) of my evening spent waiting for pictures to upload! This is ridiculous. I will get more posted as I can. I still have yet to post about Thanksgiving and Christmas!

Until next time...






8 comments:

The Miller Family said...

Ooooh, I think y'all got more ice than we did. We got about an inch or two of snow, but there was probably an inch or two of ice under the snow. We're so glad everything melted and is back to normal.

Katie

The Dischers said...

Thanks for posting, Kellipaige.

What an adventure! Wow. From Sunny Florida to...this. What a "lifestyle" change - ha ha. I guess we better get used to the idea ;)

I bet the kids did love it. They always love adventure! It's getting real life done that's the challenge, right?

Love,
Eddie and Beth

Bonnie said...

Oh, my stars! I am shivering just looking at those pictures -- especially after just returning from frozen Missouri! We had to chainsaw limbs that came down in the drive from the ice storm just to get to the house there!

Y'all try to keep warm! My sister who lived for years near Winnepeg in Canada said it is all in getting prepared for the worst, then you can enjoy the winter -- yeah, right!

Love to you all.

Mrs. Frodge
(who is reflecting back, and notices that she used an exclamation point after all but one sentence above! Children, do not follow my example!)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sure looks cold up there!!
I like the pics warm and sunny here! I love and miss you all!!
Love,
Abby

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Stricklen Family said...

Wow! What a storm! Looks like you all are staying warm and cozy and enjoying the adventure the Lord has for you!
We are keeping you in our prayers.
Much love to you all!
~Molly~

Christine R said...

Wow!!! What neat pictures! We are sure glad that you all are doing okay in spite of the wonderful weather you have been having there. It definitely looks like an adventure. Be safe.

The Reynolds
PS. Tell Emilie I got her letter and the pictures are beautiful. Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!
Looks like ya'll had a lot of snow.
Maya's leash looks funny in that ice.
See ya'll soon.
~Markie~
( in HOT HUMID Florida)