Our Family

Our Family
Patrick, KelliPaige, Sadie (18), Daniel (14), & Emilie (9),

Monday, October 20, 2008

Unpacking and Reminiscing

As we have been unpacking the boxes that have been packed away this past year, I have thought about all the dear, wonderful people that helped pack the boxes and the trailer. I remember how Isoan took charge and in no time at all had my everyday dishes packed away, safe and sound. I remember RG toting our solid wood filing cabinet (with full drawers) through the house, down the back steps and into the trailer. I remember Emma Jane unpacking a few things ; ) I remember Eddie coming back that last morning, after being there late the night before, and arranging the final items in the trailer.

Oh, there were so many... the Bowens and their assembly line system, the Hamms and Corlews emptying my dining room and living room and hauling off unsold items from the yard sale to the care center, the Discher girls spending the morning with Sadie packing while I took Daniel to Shriners, and Mr. Razey fixing my back doorknob when it locked up.

As I write this I am a bit afraid of what I have started... what if I forget to mention someone. Please forgive me. Leah Hagen coming over to play with Emilie during the yard sale and the newspapers I got from the Hagens and the Frodges. And most recently, the Stricklens storing the infamous long, long trailer on their property for four months and the Dischers keeping our clock and plants for a year.

I have thought about all of you as we have unwrapped each item. How grateful I am for each of you. So far, one glass bowl was broken (I packed it, oops!) and a few wooden items have been nicked, but not one candle melted! We did discover that the bikes and some of the furniture shrunk! Well, okay, the kids grew ; ) Emilie has thoroughly enjoyed riding her tricycle (which she is almost too big for) and playing with toys she hasn't had access too.

Well, this post is boring and uneventful, but I just wanted to let you all know that you have been in my thoughts. We are so appreciative of our wonderful friends who have not only helped us in physical ways, but have also been praying for us. Thank you isn't a strong enough phrase to express my gratitude.

Now that that is off my chest I can go to bed. Good night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Memories.They are great possesions are they not. It was an honor to be of service to your family. We do miss you all. Patric and Sadie, it was wonderful to see you both last wek. We are glad your trip back was a safe one. Patrick, your guess on our blog was a good one, but the item is Thomas Jeffersons original design. A revolving bookstand that holds five open books. If you find plans for it, please let me know, I have looked to no avail. Well I have got to go.

The Lord bless you all
Eddie