Our Family

Our Family
Patrick, KelliPaige, Sadie (18), Daniel (14), & Emilie (9),

Monday, September 6, 2010

Sadie's Sweet Sixteen: Part II

After church on Sunday, we brought Amanda McAuley, and Mary & Abby Stricklen home with us for a slumber party to celebrate Sadie's birthday. The Stricklen's graciously invited Emilie to spend the night with Margaret. Immediately after lunch, the girls headed straight for the pool.

Amanda & Abby

The birthday girl!

They were kind enough to allow Daniel and me to join them.



Playing Scatergories

Acting all nice and calm, trust me, it's just a front :~)

Daniel & Amanda watching Sadie open her presents.


She surprises easily or she's practicing for the dentist?


Abby made her a pretty bracelet.

She got stationary from Amanda, just what she was wanting.

Mary & Abby made her the cutest card.


Mary made her an apron.


So cute!


Cheesecake :~)


Almost set off the smoke alarm!

"Sixteen Candles"

Well, actually there were only 14, but they were in the shape of a 16.


The gangs all here (I think this is Abby's Nixon impersonation).

me, Mary, Amanda,
Daniel, Sadie & Abby

Okay, this was taken after the sane people went to bed.

If you don't have any 3D glasses, you can always use LifeSavers???

"Help, I've fallen and..."

Gummy LifeSaver earrings. Interesting!


Nose ring?


Time to check the expiration dates on our fire extinguishers.


Okay, I'm glad I wasn't in the room for this one.


Insert your own caption here. I just came up with question marks.


Of course, I'm checking up on them.

She's coming down from the sugar rush.


Gotta get the sugar free LifeSavers next time!

"I'm so tired I can barely lift this camera and if someone were to ..."


Who could they have been texting at that time of night?
(probably one of the other girls in the room)

Very little slumber to this slumber party.

Rise and Shine :~)


Well, maybe not.


The Stricklen's brought Emilie home and picked up the girls.
Here's Callie, apparently waiting to ask a question.


Five month old Super Baby, Nathaniel.


Emilie and Nathaniel
She really enjoyed her special time with Margaret and company.
A great time was had by all. Thank you all for making Sadie's birthday so very special.

6 comments:

Mary Noelle said...

ACK! Those horrible pictures of me were NOT supposed to end up HERE!!! It's a good thing I love y'all alot...or else...Well, we won't go there. ;o)

Franklin Family said...

Mary,
There were no "horrible" pictures of any of you. Maybe not the most flattering, but not horrible :~) Remember, I warned you all that any pictures taken with our camera could end up on the blog. There were others I could have posted and still can...Well, we won't go there either :~)

I'm glad you all had fun.

Mrs. Franklin

Bonnie said...

Looks like everyone came through the Night of Silliness okay! Although some of those late night antics had me a little worried!

Glad everyone had a good time -- years from now, when they are all mommies spread to the four corners of the globe (oh my goodness, getting a little misty here!) they will be telling their little girls about the good times back in the old days!

Love all of you silly girls!

Grandmother Frodge

The Miller Family said...

I can't believe Sadie is 16!!!

Looks like the girls had a great time!

Hope you had a wonderful birthday, Sadie!

Love,
The Millers

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sadie!!!!!!
Hope you had a wonderful birthday!!!!!!!
Love and miss y'all!<3
Love,
~Markie~

The Stricklen Family said...

What a night! Those crazies :)
Glad they were THERE - just kidding :)
So glad Sadie enjoyed her party - looks like it was great fun!

Love,
Molly