Our Family

Our Family
Patrick, KelliPaige, Sadie (18), Daniel (14), & Emilie (9),

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Loss of a Faithful Friend

Maya Franklin
June 1993 - May 5, 2009
Maya passed away suddenly Tuesday evening. She was a very special pet. As Patrick says, "We were blessed by the Lord to have such a noble beast." So, we'd like to highlight some moments celebrating the life we had with our wonderful mutt, Maya.
Our whole family in 2003

Not too bad for 111, almost 16 human years.




"I'm not scared."

"Still not scared."



"There, that's the lovin' I was hoping for."


" I love Thanksgiving!"


"I always get bones at Thanksgiving."


"Even in the heat of Arizona, I still have to go out."


With us on the Hopi Reservation


Looking for the shade at the Cadillac Ranch in Texas.

"Ah! Found it!"

Being a Georgia Peach with Rabbi Liebe.

Visiting the Millers in Arkansas


In Cuthbert, Georgia, Trouble followed Maya everywhere she went.
(Trouble is the name of the German Shepherd)

On vacation at High Falls, GA


Maya was always near her family.


Listening to "Goodnight Moon"


"Will you please let me out so I can go bury this thing."


"One day she'll be dropping stuff for me."

"Oh, great! I'll have to share the floor with you soon."
(she was always wonderful with the babies)


August 1993


"Get a long little doggie."


Tiny, ain't she?

"Hi Daddy!"


She was a wonderful dog. We will miss her and there will never be another one like her. She was faithful and true and always demonstrated unconditional love.

4 comments:

The Miller Family said...

Oh, KelliPaige, I'm so sorry. I know Maya was "just a pet", but she was still a very important part of your family. The pictures of her with your kids as they grew up were really special. I know she will be missed greatly.

Love,
Katie

Kelly said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dog.It is always so hard to lose a beloved pet.I am sure she was a a special member of your family.

Kelly

The Dischers said...

We are sorry to hear that Maya has finally given out. 16 years is a long time for a dog to hang on here! She was always a nice dog and I know you will miss her.

It was neat to see all the old pictures. She WAS tiny!

Love,
Mrs. Discher
for the Dischers

The Stricklen Family said...

We are so sorry to hear about Maya! I know she was a faithful friend and companion. She was always a sweetie when we were over there.
Glad she wasn't suffering or anything like that.
Those pictures were great! It is amazing how our pets really are such a part of our lives. They grow up with our children and become part of the family :)

Love and prayers to you all!
The Stricklens